MMEX is a publically held corporation, with its principal operating office in Texas. It’s business plan has changed from mining to the acquisition and development of oil & gas, refining, power generation, natural gas transmission, processing and port development for energy projects in Texas and Latin America.
MMEX Resources Corporation was formed in the U.S. in 2010 and has common management with Maple Resources Corporation formed in the U.S. in 1986. Maple Resources engaged in a number of oil and gas acquisitions and dispositions and ultimately acquired assets that included 10 gas processing plants and approximately 770 miles of natural gas gathering lines and transmission infrastructure. In 1992, Maple Resources Dallas sold substantially all of its existing US-based assets and began to pursue energy projects in Latin America.
- 1986- Maple Resources Corporation was formed in the U.S.
- Maple Resources went to Peru in 1992 and managed its Peru business through The Maple Gas Corporation del Peru Ltd.
- 1993- Maple Peru began developing the Aguaytía Project, an integrated natural gas and electric power generation and transmission project. The Aguaytía Project began commercial operation in 1998. Maple Peru also acquired a 4,000 barrel per day refinery in Pucallpa along with 3 producing oil fields.
- 2007- Maple Peru was floated on the London AIM under the name of Maple Energy, plc.
- 2010- MMEX was formed in the U.S.
- October 2015- Maple Resources along with its partners took Maple Gas del Peru private with the acquisition of the company from Maple Energy, plc, the publically listed company.
- July 2016- Brazil infrastructure initiative undertaken.